Friday, October 15, 2004

Wind in the Willows

While reading this book there was one question that really interested me. It is cheesy and totally over done, but I couldn't help but wonder "which character are you?" I have to say that I am a Mr. Toad. I am by no means a wealthy person and I don't spend my money on passing crazes, but what I relate to in Mr. Toad is the incredible, undeniable desire to go somewhere, to be on the move, and to go fast! I have always loved cars and ever since I got my driving permit I would just jump in the car and go on random joyrides. When ever I feel the need I hit the highway and drive until I feel like turning around. I would like to think that I am a better driver than poor Mr. Toad, but in actuality I am probably not. When I get behind the wheel I become Queen of the Road, and a few choice words will be flung at anyone who gets in my way. I am not reckless, just fast and commanding(I don't know how else to describe it). Also, anyone who knows me well would probably describe me as intelligent and witty, yet lacking in common sense at times. I was one of those kids who walked into a glass door and then backed up and did it harder. It takes a few bumps on the head before I learn my lesson, just as it did for Mr. Toad. There is one major difference between me and Mr. Toad, but even that can be compared to me. I am far from conceited, in fact I am down right self-conscious most of the time. When I am around people I know and in my comfort zone, however, I tend to get loud, obnoxious, and long winded. I sometimes think that I am the funniest person I know, and I tell some of the worst stories imaginable. None of these star me as a heroine, though. It is amazing how much of myself I see in Mr. Toad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home