Friday, October 08, 2004

September 23, 2004

Perhaps I am the only one but I know I wasn't given the traditional upbringing, at least in the way we have been talking about. I was not brought up in a religious family so I wasn't taught all about Adam and Eve or any of the other Biblical stories that have been mentioned in class as common knowledge that all children learn. I still don't know most of them. Also, it has been said almost every day in class that these stories aren't for children. I heard the Brothers Grimm versions of these fairy tales when I was very little girl. It hasn't seemed to damage me too badly. In fact it was rather tame to the other things I was exposed to in my childhood. I watched movies like "IT" and "Candyman" when they first came out. I was seven when I watched "IT". I think that is a lot more violent than the fairy tales we are reading. I guess I just don't quite see the major distinction that "these stories aren't for kids" that everyone else does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home